Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Review: Old Navy and Loft Maternity Skinny Jeans

I've tried numerous pairs of maternity jeans and I've come to a conclusion that none of them are perfect or petite friendly.  What's a girl have to do to find a decent pair?  I've tried designer maternity jeans that cost upwards of $200 (see previous post HERE) and cheap ones under $50 and I'm not 100% happy with any of them.  Here are two pairs I've tried recently. Let's start with the pair from Loft:
Petite maternity demi panel skinny jeans in dark rinse wash
These were the only pair I could find online that was available in 00p so I figured what the heck - let's give them a try and see how they fit.  The wash was much darker than I was looking for but at this point, I'll take anything that fits and is comfortable.  I was pleasantly surprised that they were decent fitting however the inseam was too long and I have to cuff them up.  I didn't mind the demi panel (covers the belly) and I think this eliminates the baggy crotch that the side panel maternity jeans give me.  Out of everything I've tried so far, these are my favorite and will be keeping them.  I got them for 50% off so it's not a bad price point for maternity jeans.  Would recommend.
Now on to Old Navy:
Old Navy maternity rockstar side-panel jeans
I was really disappointed that these were not offered in a short length or petite sizes. I have regular rockstar jeans which I love so I was hoping and praying that these would work out.  The online reviews stated they run short and tight so I thought maybe just maybe they would be petite friendly.  I'm happy to report, they are pretty decent.  The waist seems a bit loose and may fall down throughout the day (at least for me).  The inseam measures 29" which is too long.  It's fine if you tuck them in boots but if I want to wear them with ankle booties, then I'll have to cuff them up three times.  I didn't find that the legs were tight at all like the other online reviewers and thought they fit quite nicely.  I like that there is a real button fly but bummed there are no real front pockets due to the side panels.  The wash/color is good but the odd distressing in one knee was un-necessary.  Not sure if I'm keeping but it's a good option at a fair price for jeans you will only wear for a few months.  Would recommend.

 

design + development by kelly christine studio